Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Letter

I didn't do a Christmas Letter with our Christmas cards this year, and I really regretted it almost as soon as I put the cards in the mail.  So...here it is!  The Christmas Letter I didn't do!
(And don't think for a minute I won't print this out on Christmas paper and put it in the scrapbook and pretend I really sent it!  Like I'll remember in 10 years that I didn't send it!)

Merry Christmas 2010 from the Hanners!

What a crazy ride 2010 has been for us!  We started the year out with a bang..literally.  We did a little fireworks show for Gavin last New Year's - he loved it!

We went on a wonderful vacation, just the three of us, to Gatlinburg, TN, in February.  We left on the 17th, the day before our FIFTH wedding anniversary.  WOW!  It snowed while we were up there and the whole trip was just wonderful!



The spring was pretty uneventful.  Tabitha had eye surgery in May.  If you've known me for any length of time, you know I was blind as a bat!  Not anymore.  My -17 eyes are now a -2 thanks to an interocular lens implant.  Recovery was rough - it was weeks before my vision was clear and eyes were pain free and it was months before my vision was "permanent".  But now, everything is great!


Jason got a new job in August.  He's a manager for Great American Loans.  He works in Midfield - which is quite a drive everyday - but we are blessed and thankful that he has a job to provide for his family!


Tabitha had a job change of a different sort in August too.  I'm still at Bethel WEE Care but after five years of teaching three year old kindergarten, I prayerfully made the move to teaching a four year old kindergarten class - and have LOVED every minute of it!


That's enough about Jason and Tabitha.  What about Gavin?  Well, October was his month!  He turned TWO and the whole month was all about him!  He got several birthday excursions - zoo, pumpkin patch, train day at Toys 'R Us - and of course a wonderful birthday party!  This year's theme was trains as that is what he LOVES right now!  He dressed as an engineer for his birthday party and that doubled as his Halloween costume this year.  Oh, Halloween!  Ring doorbell, get candy - that was a concept he was able to pick up real fast!  It was so much fun trick-or-treating with him this year!


I imagine Christmas is going to so much fun this year!  Gavin already knows that Santa says "Ho, ho, ho!" and if you ask him what Santa is bringing, he says "a train."  The boy knows what he wants.  :)


Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Love, Jason, Tabitha and Gavin

No comments:

Post a Comment