Friday, March 18, 2011

Inheritance

Last Sunday we had a very special service at church. Our pastor has been doing a sermon series on families. This Sunday's sermon was on leaving behind a Godly inheritance for your children.  Bro. Brad brought up the points that your children will inherit your passions and your priorities.  When you are passionate for Christ and your priorities reflect that, then you are leaving behind the proper inheritance.  That's my goal every day, to reflect Christ to Gavin.

At the end of the service, they brought all the children from the nursery into the sanctuary to sit with their families.  I wish I had a picture of Gavin in his little suit sitting between me and Jason with his little hands folded in his lap - like he knew exactly what was expected of him in "big church".  So precious!  It really was a sweet time. 

I couldn't have asked for a better example of God's love than my own Mom.  To me, she was the perfect example of leaving a Godly inheritance behind.  I only wish she hadn't left it so soon...

After church and lunch, I put Gavin (and Jason) down for nap and drove over to the cemetery.  I planted some flowers at the foot of Mom's grave.  (We're looking into getting a new flower pot since that one is all cracked...)   I also added some pink flowers to the center of the headstone.

Her birthday is coming up.  She would be turning 53.

No comments:

Post a Comment