Wednesday, July 8, 2009

New blog

I've started a new blog to journal my journey to improving our way of lfe by learning ways to save money. http://savingtowardabetterlife.blogspot.com
My friend Kristen, who I met at church has a blog at http://couponingtodisney.blogspot.com. She is going to teach me (starting when we get back from the beach) her tips and tricks to saving money, mainly on groceries.
I've always been a bargain shopper, but there is a whole new level of bargain shopping that I've never experienced, so Kristen is going to teach me. And I find I can stick to things better if I right things down and track my progress....hence the need for a blog. But I wanted to keep it separate from this one because I know most everyone who reads this one mainly reads it for updates on Gavin.

I guess my main goal for wanting to save and spend more wisely is to one day (hopefully within the next year) be a part-time SAHM (stay-at-home-mom). I don't want to quit my job completely but these 40 hour work weeks are killing me and my baby is growing up before my eyes, I feel like I'm missing so much. Like yesterday when he pulled up for the first time at daycare and I missed it! And there is so much I wanted to do with him this summer that I just don't have time for because I work so much. I'm dying to take him to the park but I just haven't had time. He's only gotten to play in his baby pool in the front yard once! I get home from work around 5:30 everyday, give him a bottle, he takes a nap while I cook supper, gets up and has supper, plays for a little bit while I clean up after supper. Then it's bath and a bottle and he goes back to bed. This is not the quality time I wanted to have with my baby!

So I'm eager to learn ways we can cut our budget. Follow me over here if you want to learn to!

No comments:

Post a Comment