Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy 2011!

Happy New Year!

We didn't stay up late or watch the ball drop or shoot fireworks or anything "fun" on New Years Eve.  Jason had to work that day and I was still recovering from the flu.  Yeah, the day after my birthday, I ended up at the doctor with the flu.  FUN!  Fortunately, no one else got it and we got to spend some extra days at home.  Gavin ate that up!  :)))

So on the 1st, we decided to go to Zoolight Safari (fyi, BEST time to go!  Totally NOT crowded!)  

We told Gavin we were going to the zoo to ride the train.  Apparently, he thought we were going to walk out our back door and get on the train (we do have trains that run by our house so he knows they are "out there").  He started screaming when we were putting him in the car, "NO!  TRAIN!  RIDE TRAIN!"  And then he pouted for the first 15 minutes of the car ride to the zoo.   I LOVE THIS PICTURE!  LOL!
So, he calmed down and when we got to the zoo, he remembered that there was a train there and all was good. 

I loved the lights on this tree.  It look like it was "dripping".  Probably my favorite display.  Well, no the lights in the water area of the children's zoo was my favorite but I didn't get a picture.  The lights were changing and flashing to Trans Siberian Orchestra songs.  (Sidenote: Seeing TSO in concert is definitely on my "bucket list")



The "Auburn Display" and the lighted peacock were also favorites of mine.  Notice how Jason cut off the top of Aubie's head in the picture?






And of course, Gavin's favorite part was the train!  He's a mess!  Thanks Train Conductor for taking our picture!



We are SO looking for to what 2011 has for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment