Saturday, January 29, 2011

What my "Baby" Boy is doing now...

Wow!  They grow so fast!  Here's what Gavin can do now (at 2 years, 3 months old):
  • Climb stairs by himself holding on to the rail.  (No more crawling up them on all fours!)
  • Count to 10
  • Spell his name
  • Put together 3-5 word "sentences"
  • Recognize most of the basic colors (red, blue, green, orange, yellow, purple, pink, black, green)
  • Make the sounds of a train, car/bus/truck (beep beep or vroom vroom), motorcycle, dog, cat, horse, sheep, cow, goat, frog, duck, dinosaur, lion, Santa, elephant, monkey, Mommy ("shhhh!" he says), firetruck/ambulance, and probably other things I'm leaving out.
  • I don't know if I've ever mentioned that I've been teaching him sign language.  He can sign:
    • Please
    • Thank you
    • Excuse Me
    • More
    • Milk
    • Eat
    • Drink
    • Cup
    • Help
    • Sad
    • Mad
    • Train
    • Shoes
    • Mommy
    • Daddy
    • Candy
    • See/"I see"
    • Ball
I wish he could sign more.  I need to learn more so I can get on it!  He can only learn as much as I teach him!

No comments:

Post a Comment